Monday 14 December 2015

Setting and Location

Below are the key images to represent key scenes in my film:
The area that I have chosen for my filming is going to be in the woods near where I live, which is called Skinners Woods. I chose this area because it is very convenient and easy to get to, also it won't cost a lot of money to go to - I am trying to spend less amount of money as possible but get a good amount of filming out of it. In addition, I think using the woods in my opening two minute film is a good idea because then I can make my scenes more dramatic and add tension very easily from everything around me and add different moods as well to set the scene. But I need to make sure that no one is walking through the woods so then my filming doesn't go terribly wrong.

 

Here is a POV shot, this idea will be used to show the point of view of what the character is seeing and when each character plays hide and seek I want it to look fun and exciting and to make the audience think that nothing is going to happen. Also this scene is going to be used to show one character hiding behind a tree then another one jumping out and scaring them for a laugh. This idea is going to be used to confuse the audience into thinking that this was the bad bit that was going to happen in my film, but really it wasn't.

 
This image shows the area where most of the action will be taking place when the three girls play hide and seek and then unexpectedly the 'Masked Man' appears and knocks the girl over, the Man needs to wear a balaclava and also needs to wear casual clothes to make the audience guess who this man may be and why he is here in the woods. In addition because this man is unknown it adds a more better plot towards the film, but because it is only the opening scene I won't be able to make the whole film - I haven't got enough time.
 
This shot will be used for the beginning bit of my film to set the scene and add more of a dramatic effect towards what is going to happen next. Following on from this I will also use calm music to make the scene look like a normal average day, by doing this I will use an establishing shot to set the scene for where the area is going to be, so then the audience know where it is and understand a lot more as to why I have used this area when the characters arrive on the scene.

 
This final image will be used in my final film to represent the characters (I used my Dad to represent this) having a conversation towards what they want to do in the woods and they decided to do something play hide and seek because they have nothing better to do, but they don't expect the dangers that lurks in the woods of death, This scene will be near the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.