Wednesday 9 September 2015

Preliminary Excercise

I am going to make a plan about what I would like in my video by bullet pointing different ideas that I have thought of, I think this would be useful so then I know what I will do in my practice video. the task that we have been set is that we have to film a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom he/she exchanges a couple lines of dialogue. This should also demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180 degree rule. Below is a few ideas of what I want to do:

ideas for Preliminary film:
  • Starts off with a scared/crying girl walking into the room where she is supposed to be getting asked questions from a detective, but it actually isn't (lights turn down with just a spotlight on the girl and the man)
  • close up on child's toy to show how scared she is and that she doesn't know what to do, so she holds the toy really tight for dear life!
  • A man asks questions about what happened when the girl's parents got murdered
  • When looking at the man while he is talking, you only see his chest
  • Kid cries and the man disappears out of the room
I decided to do a detective like scene, the reason for this is that I can then give suspense to the audience who watch my video. Also this would then make them want to know more about what happens to the kid, and therefore makes them ask questions like who really is the man supposed to be? And why does he want to talk to the girl? Therefore while I do the preliminary exercise I will then be able to build skills for my real video, this then gives me a higher advantage of producing a better film than this one because I don't make as many mistakes in my overall product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.